Home is wherever I'm with you

Today is the 7th day since the accident.

Current city: Zurich.

We went through the X-rays presented yesterday, and found that the cast is doing a decent job so far. Lokky's fracture seems to be healing relatively well, and we are positive that he will be able to get his cast off and move around more easily in an air-boot.
I find myself googling for random bits of information whenever I have spare time. Yoga classes, furniture on Ebay, vintage stores, info about Freiburg etc. etc.

I am truly stoked about having my own little room to decorate, keep clean and just treasure as a personal space. Feels like I am starting on a clean slate for real, albeit the nagging feeling that I will only be in Germany till January. Nonetheless, good chance for me to be minimalist! I have been wayyyy too much of a hoarder since young for me to completely eradicate clutter from my room back home. Anyway, back to Freiburg. Since the Studentendorf does not have a dedicated website of its own, I have relied on Google Images to show me many pictures of (pretty) rooms that are actually from rent advertisements. For some reason I am sincerely wishing that my room has a window! (Those photos have sure raised my expectations, ha!) Fresh air is immensely important, and I hate to imagine myself turning into a claustrophobic.
For now, I am exceedingly thankful for a roof over my head. Will be giving up this nomadic lifestyle for awhile. Stardust of wanderlust picked up and put into a glass bottle for now. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Cheryl

A visual diary of memories