I am so excited to begin!
Back to the topic: arriving in Rishikesh. I was understandably apprehensive about flying alone etc., all the horrible things we hear in the media about India just fuels the negative geographical imagination we may have of this country. But flying to Delhi airport was a breeze. I think the only time I panicked was when we just took off from Changi Airport, and there was so much turbulence. From my window seat I could see lightning way up close! Haha. Transfer was smooth, and I got on my flight to Dehradun. Then it was a 1.5 hour taxi ride to Rishikesh. I remember being kind of nervous when two men came to pick us up after we got off the taxi, and they just took my heavy backpacks from the boot. I was taught to be super careful and not to trust anyone, but it turned out that they were staff of the hotel/school that I am registered in. And they're so nice. Rishikesh feels really safe so far! I love it here.
So anyway, I was asleep for like half of this ~12hour journey - on the car and in the planes. So sleep deprived. Hah. If you've seen my snapchats you would have seen how modern and beautiful DELHI airport is! Loved it. 4 hours waiting for my transit flight went past in a breeze, and I managed to (kinda sneakily) extend my wifi usage time ๐๐๐ Thanks to Azri HAHAHAHA. ๐.
With the annoying. ๐
Not sure what I was doing, was probably making a face at some gibberish my sis was spouting (hehe, still love you sis!)
These two are such sweethearts, Alcina even came all the way down after her Johor trip :') Thank you so much and I look forward to sharing adventures with you all. That is, if you don't judge me for being too hippie when I'm back. HAHA. I kid.
Getting used to the climate, chaos and everything here. It's lovely. This madness, this beauty, this chaos, this intensity.
Blogging through my phone is suprisingly not that difficult. More updates soon!
Love, Cher :)





0 comments:
Post a Comment