wanderwonder | Back to Vietnam

The highlight of the trip: Mui Ne's White Sand Dunes.
The typical half day tour (we picked the sunrise tour) started at about 4.30AM (or was it earlier? but be prepared to wake up early!), and we went to the White Sand Dunes, Red Sand Dunes, Fishing Village and Fairy Stream - in that order.

Definitely felt like the sunrise tour was the right choice because it gave us more time at the White Sand Dunes and tons of photo opportunities with the amazing light. I remember standing in awe at the vastness with the chilly breeze sweeping around my ankles. It was almost magical. 
The Red Sand Dunes are gorgeous too, but less spectacular because its just way more crowded. 












It also felt great to be back in Ho Chi Minh City! This was my third time back in the city, and its just the way I remember it to be. Crazy traffic, amazing food and the lovely streetscapes. The juxtaposition of old and new (ways of life, streetscapes). It kind of reminds me of Phnom Penh as well - everything in flux. I felt very safe and comfortable while roaming around the city. I guess familiarity really helps. 

If I do go back again, I definitely want to venture out of District 1 and 3 more often!






Till next time, Vietnam! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Cheryl

A visual diary of memories