It's amazing to talk to so many people from different backgrounds. People who save five years to quit their job and travel the world; people who move to Rishikesh to devote their lives to practicing and teaching yoga; people who are writers/physiotherapists/language teachers; people who are free-spirited, dream-chasers. It's a really positive environment, and I love how everyone just chats with everyone. Plenty of encouragement and happy smiles all around, even though we are all always so tired by the end of the day.
It's been wonderful so far - almost a week already! Time flies. The next two weeks will be tougher because of examinations, and classes are going to get more intensive. Looking forward to everything nonetheless, and it is good that we get to gradually build our strength. If we had started with like, 300 chaturangas in the first class we would probably all be quite dead by now. Hah.
I am still adjusting to the vegetarian diet and the harsh climate. It's reaaaally hot and dry here. On the plus side, my laundry dries completely in just two hours. Hah. Two days ago I woke up with a terrible fever and diarrhoea. I honestly thought that I was going to die, because I started imagining all these horror scenarios. Of course im very much well and alive now. It was pretty dramatic though. So with this fever, someone offered me an ibuprofen/paracetamol tablet. I am (sometimes) allergic to the latter, but I thought, "hey since its mixed with ini...it should be fine right?" Plus I was desperate to get rid of the fever because I was suffering so bad. So I took the pill, had a nice nap and woke up a little sweaty. Like YAAAAY fever is gone! But ten minutes later my eyes started swelling up. Uh oh. Signs of a drug allergy acting up. I freaked out a little, and then Arvind (one of the nice staff members of the school) took me on the scooter bike to the hospital. Pillion! On a bike! In India! Wait for it - without a helmet! HAHAHA. Apparently helmets and safety rules are overrated here because #india. So okay it's cool, I just didn't want to die from a contracted windpipe or fever so obviously risking it on the bike was better. We wove in and out through traffic, past cows and all. Quite an experience. Also felt pretty safe (safer than riding pillion on singapore expressways HAHA yes Azri, talking about you) but that could also be because my eyes were mostly closed throughout the ride.
Long story short, I've recovered now. Guess the fever and runs were part of the detox process. ILL BE STRONGER REAL SOON!
Cheerios.
Love, Cher.




0 comments:
Post a Comment