Cher Does YTT: Halfway Mark


It has been an intensive time in India so far. From the day I arrived - it's just been a constant assault on the senses. Alright, perhaps assault is too harsh a word, but it's definitely been a motley mix of chaos, colors, serendipity, exploration of spirituality and all in all - eventful.  
 
18 more days to go: temperatures will hit 43 degrees; there is a mad rush to complete the syllabus and exams. We have had a lot of good experiences and exposure to date - teaching each other, focusing on alignment and giving cues. It's really inspiring when we see each other make breakthroughs in the asana practice. Be it achieving an arm balance or finding a perfect balancing point in a headstand, there is something to celebrate everyday. Of course, there is the spiritual/intangible aspect of the course. I've met beautiful and strong women like Jacq and Charlotte who shared their stories and life experiences with us. People (choose to) open up at the most random of times - could be over brunch at a cafe, or on a bumpy, motion-sickness inducing car ride down the mountains. I feel very heartened to hear that all these people have emerged stronger than before, and they really showed me what it means to be brave with the choices that you make in life. It's difficult to not bring a tear to my eye when I realize that we are often so blessed, but we magnify our problems and assume that we deserve all the attention in the world because we are feeling so miserable and blahblahblah. Far from it. It just takes a little more courage to find yourself in this big world, sharing one more smile everyday - and things aren't so bad after all. You'll see. :) 
  
The philosophy lessons were also particularly memorable. We had discussions on religion, spirituality and the meaning of yoga. It was so interesting to exchange thoughts - even more so since we all came from such diverse backgrounds. Philosophy and life lessons are so - the more I see, the less I know. The more I learn, the less I (realize) I know. It is so refreshing to be out of your comfort zone, and so humbling to be confronting and conjuring questions about the world; the way things are/could be. 
 
On another note, quite a few of my classmates have fallen ill these few days - I guess it's the detox process kicking in, or food poisoning from the consumption of outside food. It's been so quiet in class lately! We went from 15 chatty people to just 6-7 ): Wishing them a speedy recovery and that we will have full strength soon. 
  
Off to the next class now!  
P.S. Also just got my room cleaned. SO HAPPY. Fresh start for the new week! Haha. 

Love, Cher


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Cheryl

A visual diary of memories