Today is a day of healthy eating and all things good.
This was what I had for dinner. I guess lunch gave me inspiration and I thought that since I did not have any meat, why not have vegetarian food for dinner as well? Then it would be a day of good eating. I am honestly a little tired of meat here, because it is usually fried or sometimes it comes with bizarre sauces (thanks to the creative folks at the Mensa. Mensa = student canteen).
Modified this recipe http://www.yummly.com/blog/2012/09/oven-crisp-pesto-eggplant-parmesan-sandwich/ a little and came up with my very simple version of a delicious vegetarian sandwich!
I used zucchini instead of eggplant, cherry tomatoes and a different type of cheese because strangely, mozzarella was out of stock at both supermarkets that I went to. Also, because I like champignons, I decided to kidnap them and then I threw them into the oven as well.
It doesn't look perfect but it sure tasted great. Will definitely make this again, and I promise to be less careless about the timing. I will also slice my vegetables into perfectly beautiful symmetrical shapes.
Chatted with Maja for hours over dinner and then Anna came along. I am so lucky to have such wonderful, wonderful, wonderful housemates.
The rainbow today captures my feelings of today perfectly - a simple day is beautiful when spent in the company of those you enjoy.
Lesson was unfortunately less than engaging because I just could not bring myself to tune in and to discuss Schopenhauer. We actually went through a snippet of Schopenhauer's The World as Will and Representation in German. Now that is some mind-boggling stuff alright.
During break time we went to Cafe Europa for our usual coffee fix and I actually chanced upon this:
Sonderangebot!!! (Special Offer!)
Basically the coffee, snack bars and the magazine set me back by 1,90€ in total. Talk about huge savings. I am so happy with this deal because a coffee usually costs 1,50€ and for 0,40€ more I get so many other things? Yeah sureeeeeeeee! The magazine is really readable (simple, straightforward sentences) so my Schopenhauer text was officially cast aside after break time.
Went to the copy shop to print some travel documents and made friends with a Taiwanese girl. As it is with most Taiwanese, she is sooooo friendly and bubbly and chatty. She was very happy to hear that I love Ah Chung Mee Sua. Hahahaha. Exchanged contacts and then I left for home because I was so tired from the past week of events.
It actually turned out to be a great decision because I had the chance to have lunch in Susi Cafe, located within Quartier Vauban.
Vegan lunch today. For 3-5€, you get a main dish, salad, dessert, and water. Plus, its all-you-can-eat until the supplies run out. Super, super delicious. As mentioned earlier, my Studentenwohnheim is located in Vauban, which I have been told, is the hipster neighbourhood of Freiburg.
Alternative is celebrated and you can observe it in the lifestyles of the residents here. There is trash separation (Paper, Glass, Bio, Packaging and Plastic, Others), some people who walk barefoot everywhere, friendly and carefree spirits and even a braided beard or two. This place certainly reminds me of Christiania in Copenhagen, a self-declared freetown (coincidentally a place where you can buy pot, surprise surprise!)
All in all I really like it here - laid back, independent and always interesting. Plus with a cafe serving real good food - what's not to love? (:
This was what I had for dinner. I guess lunch gave me inspiration and I thought that since I did not have any meat, why not have vegetarian food for dinner as well? Then it would be a day of good eating. I am honestly a little tired of meat here, because it is usually fried or sometimes it comes with bizarre sauces (thanks to the creative folks at the Mensa. Mensa = student canteen).
Modified this recipe http://www.yummly.com/blog/2012/09/oven-crisp-pesto-eggplant-parmesan-sandwich/ a little and came up with my very simple version of a delicious vegetarian sandwich!
I used zucchini instead of eggplant, cherry tomatoes and a different type of cheese because strangely, mozzarella was out of stock at both supermarkets that I went to. Also, because I like champignons, I decided to kidnap them and then I threw them into the oven as well.
It doesn't look perfect but it sure tasted great. Will definitely make this again, and I promise to be less careless about the timing. I will also slice my vegetables into perfectly beautiful symmetrical shapes.
Chatted with Maja for hours over dinner and then Anna came along. I am so lucky to have such wonderful, wonderful, wonderful housemates.
The rainbow today captures my feelings of today perfectly - a simple day is beautiful when spent in the company of those you enjoy.






0 comments:
Post a Comment