Wasn't it you I told? It's not that things are difficult, or life is overwhelmingly filled with obstacles to throw us off course. I don't mind all of that, I just hate being defeated by time.Things haven't been going smoothly lately. I knew that coming back to Singapore would not be an easy transition, but I never expected reality to be so harsh.
It is not the workload that stresses me out. In fact, I believe that in Freiburg I would still have more or less the same amount of things to do and events to be occupied with. However, it is the seemingly elastic nature of Time that scares me.
Abroad, the passage of time seems slower, almost poetic. Back here, things feel somewhat more daunting, the same number of things to do compressed in less time.
Maybe its also true that environmental determinism plays a huge role in affecting our behaviour and productivity. I have to admit, the heat makes me tired much more easily.
Sometimes I feel like all I do is stand still, and the world around me just happens. People move, lights flicker, things unfold all around me.
Nothing is ever the same anymore.
But I also know that nothing worth having comes easy. Till then, I am not giving up.



0 comments:
Post a Comment