Come and go


(Zurich, 2013)

It scares me a little, to realize how fragile human relationships can be. To realize that it can actually be so easy to lose each other: lovers to strangers, friends to forgotten figures. It can happen all of a sudden, it can fade away over time.

I feel hardened by all my experiences, and somehow I feel like I have grown to be more immune to people leaving. The old me would take a much longer time to deal with breakups. The old me would constantly question "what went wrong" and exercise self-blame if friendships failed. That is not the case anymore. I am able to detach myself; take a step back and view things in a less romanticized way. That doesn't mean that I don't suffer from heartache. I still do. Always will. But to me, nothing will ever be more devastating and final than death itself. As long as we are alive, we have to accept that people come and go. It is one of the constant flows in life. Everybody has their reasons to go, or to stay. They may stay for a night; they may end up as a rock in your life for years to come.

There is no right or wrong.

Everybody keeps moving forward in life, and some of us may never cross paths again. But as long as our hearts beat, we wish the best for those whom we have ever had the blessing to come across, for they had a part in shaping you to be the person you are today. Most importantly, we never stop cherishing those who are in the right here and now. The present.

To those who have stuck around, thank you all.

Sending you all my love,
Cher






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Cheryl

A visual diary of memories