Melbourne Snaps

Sometime in the middle of the trip,
I decided not to bring my camera out anymore. So photos are all from my trusty iPhone 4S :)  

Catching Masterchef at Jiayi's apartment :)
 
 
@ Queen Victoria Market
 
 
@ St. Kilda on a sleepy, windy Monday
 

Brunetti dessert!

Melbourne is unexpectedly cold - I could have brought alot more winter gear. The winds are freeeeezing. Guess I overestimated the temperatures because I remember bursting out of Vauban every morning in Germany without thermals in the 2 degree winter and going "YEAH I DONT FEEL COLD AT ALL" HAHA. 
  
This trip also made me miss Freiburg a lot more. Thinking about the trams, the quiet charm, the friendly locals. :) If I can, I really do want to go back to Germany someday. It's a very special place for me and I loved my time there: wandering around, hopping on and off the trains before making a stop at any bakery to buy any pastry (it will all taste amazing :D) . Really miss those days. Let's see how the future pans out. :) 

I always joke that I want to be a farmer or to live in the mountains. In essence it just represents a desire to escape to the rural, to a quieter life. Muhd remarked that I am not an urbanite. I guess that's partially true. I do love a kickass shopping marathon - I can go for hours and hours even if my feet protest in pain. Haha. And I can get lost in cafés and walkways and museums and be fascinated at the quotidian scenes of life in the city. But at the end of the day - what makes me truly happy is something as simple as being at home, cooking imperfect pasta, laughing about it before lounging around in mismatched comfy wear. I shudder at the thought of Singapore having an even higher population density. Crowds? Noooo ): 
  
Maybe all I want is to go back to the safe and warm days - where happiness meant wandering in a little town, before falling asleep on a bench.  
 
This is going to be a very difficult year for me. But everybody says I am always cheerful and sunshiney - what a horror it would be if I don't keep that up.  
 
To better days ahead. 
 
Love, 
Cher :)




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Cheryl

A visual diary of memories