30th November was our sixth and final day in Hong Kong!
It was about 25-26C, not quite as cold as we hoped it would be.Nonetheless we were blessed with sunshine and it was so pleasant. I love checking the weather forecast to see that there will be absolutely 0% chance of rain for the day.
We had our usual breakfast at Tai Cheong Bakery! The branch at Hung Hom is very near our hotel, so most mornings we would get 2 egg tarts each, and a bottle of soy milk to share. So simple but it hits the spot every single time. Joy.
We walked around Hung Hom:
Eventually our last few stops included Admiralty and Causeway Bay:
I actually teared on the night before (our last night!)! I know, it sounds ridiculous but I was just too happy? We got to visit so many places. Granted they are not the places on a regular tourist's checklist but we really felt like we achieved what we set out for this trip. Which includes alot of just soaking in the atmosphere, appreciating the various street and landscapes at our own pace.
Very, very happy.
On another note, the trip back home was completely fuss-free. Splurged on a taxi for the very last day to take us from our hotel to Kowloon Train Station. Hong Kong has this super efficient check-in system in the train station itself! Therefore we didn't even need to fuss about the heavy luggage. Checked it in, and then we boarded the Airport Express train. Love it. Of course I was slightly paranoid "oh my goodness what if the luggage got lost halfway?!" but nothing of that sort happened. Haha. Hong Kong is amazingly efficient. Queues can get very long, as it does in Singapore, but everything is always efficiently sorted out. Took me three trips over five years, but this time round I am completely sold - totally in love with this city!
Hong Kong, till next time!
Love,
Cher









0 comments:
Post a Comment