Tuesday: Yoga + Brunch Joy

Such beautiful days are hard to come by.
Sunshine all the way!   
Tuesday 10.15/12.30 classes have always been my favourite. Still extremely sad that Maya has left, and that during the previous semesters I never made it to the Tuesday classes as often as I wished to. I honestly got intensely frustrated whenever we had to sit through what seems like another pointless and heavily theoretical lesson(to me it was a complete waste of time, time that I could have spent doing what I love: practicing)...but I realized there wasn't any point in being upset. Yoga teaches us to endure what cannot be cured. I learnt to be less angry with the situation and things that I couldn't control. A less than ideal timetable doesn't mean that it is everyone else's fault. That just isn't the right mentality to adopt, and it was making me terribly unhappy (unnecessary, really)! And so I continued to keep missing all those Tuesday classes, practicing on weeknights instead, on top of my usual favourite Saturday classes.  
Hence, the big takeaway is: we can't have everything that we want in life. Not everything will go smoothly according to your plans. We need to be accepting, reasonable, and if we truly love/feel passionate about something, we will find ways to make things work.  

I am super thankful that I had plenty of time these two months to take more weekday classes, to practice as regularly as I can. It feels amazing, really.  
Today's class: Courage. 
San set an intention for us, to open 2016 with courage. 
It was a back bending, heart opening class. 
I experienced the most uncomfortable Ustrasana (Camel Pose) EVER. But that was amazing because my upper and middle back was so open, and I was really backbending through my entire spine, instead of being heavily dependent on my flexible lower back to achieve depth in the posture. It was just amazing. 

Met Claudia after class for brunch for illuminating conversations and a spontaneous stroll around the charming Arab Street area: 

 

 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Cheryl

A visual diary of memories