Budapest

Budapest in June, 2013.

I took a day trip from Vienna, and it was a tiring bus ride. When we arrived, we were whisked away for a walking tour and had to wait several more hours before we could have breakfast/lunch. That explains the black and white photos, I just wasn't feeling very happy in Budapest then.




Fast forward six months later...
It was a spontaneous decision to meet up with Siangyee, and the flight to Budapest was the most decently priced of the season, so we decided to meet here.
I am glad that I revisited Budapest, this time bathed in sunshine and looking absolutely gorgeous. Plus, goulash never failed to hit the spot.








Another highlight of the trip was the Széchenyi Thermal Bath. There is no experience quite like it. Envision yourself sliding into the warm waters and feeling the knots in your body loosen before tiptoeing your way to the indoor baths as the cold breeze glides past bare skin. You feel warmth and cold, all at once. It was a really relaxing night.

We stayed in the 11th Hour Cinema Hostel, and it was great! Really impressed with the little additional steps they took to ensure a great stay. Apart from the basics such as cleanliness, lockers, and maps, they had free bath towels, free printing of travel documents (fantastic if you don't want to pay 60 pounds for your Ryanair boarding pass at the airport HAH), free use of the kitchen and etc. There was a good vibe at the hostel and the receptionists were friendly and helpful enough. Great location as well, with the metro, Macs and many sights just a stone's throw away. It was a comfortable and pleasant 2 nights' stay there.

That concludes my Budapest trip. I am wishing for more sunshine in the days ahead!

Love,
Cher

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Cheryl

A visual diary of memories