Home girl


So.... Happy July! It's another month already?! It's usually one of my favouritest months in a year..... *toothy grin*
Very much a home girl lately. Staying indoors is the perfect option ever since my house got fitted with a new airconditioning system that works like magic. I henceforth bid goodbye to weather-related bad temper moments.

I have been gradually reducing clutter in my home....or presenting them in more aesthetically pleasing ways, if I dare say so myself:
Also steadily building up my collection of recipes. Since I have officially moved off campus and will be having a lot more meals at home, plus I have exhausted all my meal options here (nothing tempts me anymore, why?! I call it Mall Food. Old Chang Kee and the like. Haha.) I used to happily grab sandwiches and pastries (oh so heavenly tasting!) back in Deutschland but I can't stand the artificial/sugary taste of bread here (sorry Breadtalk, sorry Four Leaves) so my quick grab-and-go options have been sadly reduced. So yeah! It makes sense to do my own food prep/cooking these days. Apart from my dad's constant nagging to keep the laundry before I cook, I AM STOKED. Hah. 

Going practical - relatively and fuss-free options. Ain't nobody got time to make a full course meal for one or two people. Currently looking to invest in colorful salad bowl and cutlery so that I can replicate my previous housemates' amazing salads :D And an oven. HEATING THINGS UP, uh-huh. 

Sidenote: I love love love SG libraries. It's such a great resource for everyone and perfect for community-based events. I am so thankful to have access to NUS' (e)library and all the local libraries hehe more resources never hurt! 

Lately its also been a lot about reconnection and rediscovering passion/commitments in my life. Plus (re)welcoming all the lovely people into my life: Nat, Dydy (if you read this, hi my dear!), Chengs is coming back to SG too, more yoga time with Al + Chau Kei's upcoming yoga session. Am I smiling already? I think I am. Chin up and LETS GO.

Lots of love,  
Cher :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Cheryl

A visual diary of memories