The thing about July is that it is usually the month that I get to meet all my lovely friends. From primary school, all the way to university. The first reason is because it is my birthday month so it's always so sweet when friends make the effort to clear up their schedule abit and squeeze in a meetup :)) The second reason is probably because people return from abroad, SEP and/or end internships. So yeah! Good for me, everything seems to fall nicely together. :)
This week I had no less than 4 sessions of yoga on top of some random home workout sessions and I honestly feel SO sore all over but it is worth every bit. Building up a strong core and toning up even more overall makes me get through every busy day with greater ease and a more positive attitude. My shoulder would be breaking under my bag of yoga clothes/laptop but I never think of complaining. And I still fuel through each day with my trusty google maps ;) Just yesterday I freaked out because I thought I was going to be late for yoga at Katong so I alighted the super slow bus and made some crazy detour via the MRT before a short cab ride. Proud to say that I made it. I want to keep a clean record forever - never miss a yoga class because of punctuality issues. *serious nod*
So yes some photos of the (delectable) goodness of the past week, in no particular order (aka motley effect) hahaha.
PS Cafe @ Dempsey Hill
Jade was so sweet to pick me up from Botanics Garden. Dempsey is pretty darn inaccessible haha but so quaint and lovely. The food was fantastic, except that the truffle fries were a little "weak" tasting but that's alright.
We stayed and chatted for 2 hours straight. Getting to know Jade last year was one of the best things that happened during summer school :)
Also somehow overcame some barriers and got into one of my deepest standing bows ever. Cheers for progress! Sometimes I wish I picked dance over sports all those years ago. Then I would be effortlessly flexible. But on second thought - it's okay I still have my whole life ahead to work on my flexibility ;) Woot woot!
A few more days ago...
I had Korean food with Leonard whom I haven't met in an entire year and then we bumped into Sophie and Elaine ha ha ha look at my matching tee with Soph. We got it at the Zara sale just awhile ago woops :p
And a very lovely catch up dinner with Claudia at Lola's Cafe. Awesome food and really reasonable prices. I'll definitely try to return at off-peak hours (if there are any????? Lol). The place is insanely popular.
Tonight at the food court the nice Yong tau foo uncle teasingly asked if I was out dating i.e. "pak-tor!" in local speak. I said no way and laughed, a tad tired to explain my day in detail. I smiled at all his jokes and nodded at all his little observations. The conversation had a bit of a banal flavour to it, but maybe I was just tired. Didn't think much about it, just friendly banter as usual. But I came home and when I thought about it once more, I realize that it's not about looking good or trying to be nice to everyone around you. People can praise you for your outfit or thank you for helping them to do a favour, but the fact remains - the world often doesn't have time to care about or to appreciate the things that you think should be appreciated. It is only when you find someone who truly stops to appreciate all the little things about you - things that you may not even notice about yourself - that's when you know it is truly worth it. But first, start by loving and caring about yourself. Your health, your goals, your loved ones too. Your actions and love for yourself should be the biggest contributing factor to your happiness.
I hereby declare that today is an exceptionally good day :) (also thanks to 4 hours of yoga with the lovely and inspiring champion Chau Kei :)))))
So... another Sunday round the corner!
Time for some rest before a new week.
:)
I wish you a fruitful and joyful week ahead!
Love,
Cher









0 comments:
Post a Comment