wanderwonder | Hoi An

Hoi An truly took my breath away.
I had one full day here with travel buds Junlin and Franz, so we went cycling all around - from the main sights to the countryside to the two beaches: Cua Dai and An Bang. 

Immensely tiring but the gorgeous blue skies and charming sights made it a super pleasant day. Hoi An is my favourite place in Vietnam!!! (Along with Halong Bay :D)

Wasn't obsessed with taking photos.
1. It was so liberating to travel without my heavy DSLR
2. My little S95 does a pretty great job at capturing some moments
3. I appreciated each and every moment much more - instead of fretting over camera settings or constantly trying to get good pics.

The other two days that I had here alone in Hoi An were lovely as well. I kept thinking that I would succumb and choose to take taxis instead of cycle. But I figured that the best and most cost-effective way would be to just hop onto the bike. Besides, I had to abandon fears/paranoia about the traffic and all being unsafe. Sure, I was wobbly on my bike at times and I got a couple of close shaves - but it was still largely safe. I DID IT :) :)

Also managed to tailor two dresses in Hoi An for a reasonable price. ^^ The tailors managed to complete the orders in just a day. Amazing.

And the food! I miss the food already.

Some photos:















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Cheryl

A visual diary of memories