The rest of my time in HCM was mainly about daily coffees and then feeling wide awake at night. It rained quite a fair bit. We were at Cu Chi tunnels in raincoats and splashing around in slippers hahaha quite an experience, though not very pleasant. Ootd:
So in other news... I hopped onto my first sleeper bus. It was an 11 hour ride from HCM to Nha Trang. To be fair, it was pretty comfortable for all of USD10 although I woke up at hourly intervals as usual. Franz swore that the bus stopped once because a baby shat in his/her diapers and they had to toss it out. LOL. I am glad I missed that part completely.
So in other news... I hopped onto my first sleeper bus. It was an 11 hour ride from HCM to Nha Trang. To be fair, it was pretty comfortable for all of USD10 although I woke up at hourly intervals as usual. Franz swore that the bus stopped once because a baby shat in his/her diapers and they had to toss it out. LOL. I am glad I missed that part completely.
Greeted by this view when we arrived in Nha Trang:
Happy 1st August! :p
Went to the mud baths - we picked I-resort over Thap Ba.
Also managed to find time for yoga class at Victoria Yoga. Ngoc is such a wonderful teacher. Felt really good to be flipped up into a headstand after so many days of poor quality sleep.
Nha Trang felt like a sleepy little seaside place (also because its off peak now). The backpackers' area near the beach had tons of signs etc in Russian. We found that interesting :) turns out that it's because the Russians have a base in the area and there are also special vacation packages and charter flights direct from Russia. Not bad for a tropical escape. On the beach there was a guy who had come all the way from Siberia. Haha!
Had dinner with two other backpackers - Shane from California and Steven from the UK. Othello or reversi? /nuances in culture/language. Also learnt that goldfish were not actually supposed to be gold and that oranges were not supposed to be orange.
We live in a crazy world.
That kind of sums up this choppy recount of my time in NHA TRANG. My honest opinion is, give it a miss if you are searching for pristine, beautiful beaches. There are other options. But for a short getaway, Nha Trang isn't too bad at all :)




0 comments:
Post a Comment