It is a beautiful Sunday and I am due to head out soon - got to catch some sunshine!
Daylight Savings Time has begun - so that means an extra hour gained for much-needed rest. I am very happy to get to sleep in today. I am currently typing this post out while lounging on my bed, all snuggled up under the sheets with the laptop planted firmly on this nest. This is made possible thanks to my 7 metre long LAN cable, it is honestly a ridiculous length ha ha ha. I love it when the sunshine navigates through the rustling leaves and slips into my window, illuminating my bookshelf and IKEA sofa with the happy-colored cushions. Yay for Germany's Ruhetag! Most shops are closed on Sunday in Germany (by law), so Sundays have truly come to represent rest and quiet. People go to church, or spend time at home and just relax. The streets are always almost empty on Sundays, and there is an almost imperceptible veil of calmness laid upon the entire city - hushing the usual flurry and bustle of daily activities. It is so easy to take this for granted, but I truly appreciate and will miss these serene scenes of Freiburg.
So, school has swung into full force now - I have gotten all the details of my assignments and because of the time constraints, I have to pace myself and work diligently in order to finish up everything on time. November will be an extremely busy month filled with trips while juggling schoolwork, so I am trying to "stock up" on my energy levels and try to condition myself to the changing pace of events. Funny as it sounds, it comforts me to think that I can draw on imaginary sleep reserves and then tell myself "Hey this lack of sleep is fine, I rested so much last week! Nobody looks back on their life and recalls all the days they got plenty of sleep! Function, Cheryl, FUNCTION."
Uh-huh.
For some reason, I was absolutely drained after yesterday's class. It was bad enough that we had to be in school on a Saturday, but this was compounded by the weather that was maddeningly beautiful. It was almost mocking us - why are you indoors today? Why? We could only look longingly out the windows as the presentations took place one by one. There were 12 of us in the seminar, and each presentation took about 20 minutes in total?
All in all, we spent 6 hours in the seminar without a lunch break. 1030 - 1600.
After 1300 it got increasingly depressing.
Nonetheless, I ought to be (and I truly am) thankful that this is one module down, and 5 ECTs earned. I am thankful for all my friendly classmates (I still remember barging into class late on that very first day :p), the understanding professors and the not-too-heavy workload from which I still learnt alot, thanks to the interactive sharing and discussion sessions.
Herderbau:
Would love to jot down all my thoughts and school updates but - the sun beckons! Got to run.
Till next time, Cher
Daylight Savings Time has begun - so that means an extra hour gained for much-needed rest. I am very happy to get to sleep in today. I am currently typing this post out while lounging on my bed, all snuggled up under the sheets with the laptop planted firmly on this nest. This is made possible thanks to my 7 metre long LAN cable, it is honestly a ridiculous length ha ha ha. I love it when the sunshine navigates through the rustling leaves and slips into my window, illuminating my bookshelf and IKEA sofa with the happy-colored cushions. Yay for Germany's Ruhetag! Most shops are closed on Sunday in Germany (by law), so Sundays have truly come to represent rest and quiet. People go to church, or spend time at home and just relax. The streets are always almost empty on Sundays, and there is an almost imperceptible veil of calmness laid upon the entire city - hushing the usual flurry and bustle of daily activities. It is so easy to take this for granted, but I truly appreciate and will miss these serene scenes of Freiburg.
So, school has swung into full force now - I have gotten all the details of my assignments and because of the time constraints, I have to pace myself and work diligently in order to finish up everything on time. November will be an extremely busy month filled with trips while juggling schoolwork, so I am trying to "stock up" on my energy levels and try to condition myself to the changing pace of events. Funny as it sounds, it comforts me to think that I can draw on imaginary sleep reserves and then tell myself "Hey this lack of sleep is fine, I rested so much last week! Nobody looks back on their life and recalls all the days they got plenty of sleep! Function, Cheryl, FUNCTION."
Uh-huh.
For some reason, I was absolutely drained after yesterday's class. It was bad enough that we had to be in school on a Saturday, but this was compounded by the weather that was maddeningly beautiful. It was almost mocking us - why are you indoors today? Why? We could only look longingly out the windows as the presentations took place one by one. There were 12 of us in the seminar, and each presentation took about 20 minutes in total?
All in all, we spent 6 hours in the seminar without a lunch break. 1030 - 1600.
After 1300 it got increasingly depressing.
Nonetheless, I ought to be (and I truly am) thankful that this is one module down, and 5 ECTs earned. I am thankful for all my friendly classmates (I still remember barging into class late on that very first day :p), the understanding professors and the not-too-heavy workload from which I still learnt alot, thanks to the interactive sharing and discussion sessions.
Herderbau:
![]() |
| New H&M in Freiburg - it is only healthy to window shop after a long day in school. I think its called (Window) Retail Therapy ;) |
![]() |
| Impromptu catch up session at Vaubar |
Would love to jot down all my thoughts and school updates but - the sun beckons! Got to run.
Till next time, Cher





0 comments:
Post a Comment