Here I am in Café May Eimsbüttel, typing out this post as I take occasional sips of my chai.
I feel waves of calmness wash over me, these very same waves coinciding also with felicity. Countless times I have caught myself and in my head I think, "Cheryl, you are so very lucky." To be where I am, to be able to do what I do, and to see what I see.
Here I am, in Hamburg. Tapping away at my keyboard with 2:14 of battery life left on the MacBook and no charger. You see, sometimes I try to "pack smart" but I still end up making grave mistakes (one does not simply pack her laptop without its charger. Those two ought to be inseparable).
No matter, because tomorrow Lokky will arrive in Hamburg and I shall borrow his charger. Grins.
I have just attempted to snap a photo of the cafe's lovely interior, with little success. Tried to be inconspicuous of course, but the lady at the next table caught my eye and gave me a knowing smile which I returned with a wink. I love these friendly people I meet everywhere.
Perhaps so often, we are too caught up with trying to snap a "perfect shot" that we lose the beauty of the moment in itself. I have since learnt to utilize my cameras in a more discerning manner.
There is still a distance to go, in order to achieve that balance between snapping photos and savouring the moments. It is a fine line I suppose, to want to capture memories as trigger-happy tourists often do and to not be overly obsessed with creating a perfect pictorial album of "What I Have Seen."
Alot of it all is now in my head and I hope I can remember all my little stories to share with loved ones when I am back.
Till next time!
Love, Cher.
I feel waves of calmness wash over me, these very same waves coinciding also with felicity. Countless times I have caught myself and in my head I think, "Cheryl, you are so very lucky." To be where I am, to be able to do what I do, and to see what I see.
Here I am, in Hamburg. Tapping away at my keyboard with 2:14 of battery life left on the MacBook and no charger. You see, sometimes I try to "pack smart" but I still end up making grave mistakes (one does not simply pack her laptop without its charger. Those two ought to be inseparable).
No matter, because tomorrow Lokky will arrive in Hamburg and I shall borrow his charger. Grins.
I have just attempted to snap a photo of the cafe's lovely interior, with little success. Tried to be inconspicuous of course, but the lady at the next table caught my eye and gave me a knowing smile which I returned with a wink. I love these friendly people I meet everywhere.
Perhaps so often, we are too caught up with trying to snap a "perfect shot" that we lose the beauty of the moment in itself. I have since learnt to utilize my cameras in a more discerning manner.
There is still a distance to go, in order to achieve that balance between snapping photos and savouring the moments. It is a fine line I suppose, to want to capture memories as trigger-happy tourists often do and to not be overly obsessed with creating a perfect pictorial album of "What I Have Seen."
Alot of it all is now in my head and I hope I can remember all my little stories to share with loved ones when I am back.
Till next time!
Love, Cher.


0 comments:
Post a Comment