Everything happened today

This sense of accomplishment is hard to beat.

Everything happened today. So it seems.
It also seems as though I am following through on a streak of dogged diligence to tick off the to-do boxes on my daily lists.

Let me recount.
Yesterday, I was determined to get a pair of boots. Even if it potentially equates to breaking the bank. I just wanted to be irrational and get a beautiful pair of boots because I highly doubt that I will get to wear knee-high boots again (at least not for an extended period of time). Seemed like nothing was going to stop me.

In the end I.. gave up. I just couldn't get myself to splurge on leather boots, and the cheap ones were rubbish quality. The range is really limited here in Germany, and the prices more or less hovered around 100 Euros and above for good boots. Told myself to wait it out and head to London where the shopping is 293328119819 times better. Sadly decided to go to the library to collect a book needed for my class. I was onboard the tram, my way to the library when I caught side of this little second-hand store.

Next thing I knew, I had hopped off the tram, jaywalked efficiently across tramline, road and all before finding myself in...heaven.

Second-hand fashion heaven. (Specifications are always good, just to be clear.)

Here it is, the pretty shop-front:
The empty space on the bottom right was where my boots were.

Utter disbelief and gratefulness when I picked up those dream shoes and saw that it was my size. Tried it on and I was sold. Sold, sold, sold.

Felt like I was in a movie or something. Literally was so over the moon with joy. It is really such a steal. My first thrift store purchase of the season!

Today, the streak of productivity and shopaholic activity continues:
My favourite booth, managed by the sweetest old lady ever






Today, the streak of productivity and shopaholic activity continues:

After the flea (aaand a short trip to IKEA, then to the Hauptbahnof to get some dated ticket refund), I ended up at the library.

I tend to lose myself in libraries. Shelves of discovery.


The perfect view outside the library drew the day's events together to an peaceful end.

Thankful and very happy today. Now it's time for some rest.

Love,
Cher

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Cheryl

A visual diary of memories