.. Most people exist, that is all.
But here, I am alive. A quarter to 4am, and I am wide awake.
The knowledge that I will have to leave this city someday is the cancer of my soul.
I had a great night catching up with everyone. My classmates (I miss language classes so terribly, despite the mentally draining Philosophy bits and all) are the best. A million hugs and smiles later I felt all warm and fuzzy. Take that, chilly autumn zephyrs.
The music was good, but I just had to leave early. Had only a drop to drink, perhaps that was why. Or the heavy heart is to blame. I felt at once comforted yet sad knowing that I have grown so attached to these lovely people who are now my best friends in Freiburg. In any case, I hung around late enough just to see Ronan (or Ralph, as Harriett prefers to call him) throw his glass bottle against the wall and to give him a good scolding.
Some things don't change.
Good Night x


0 comments:
Post a Comment