Here I am, waiting at a rooftop amphitheatre in the West side.
Might as well use my time productively.
I currently have two essay deadlines - a thesis proposal due tomorrow and a 20-page essay on Sustainable Development due on Monday. Then there is a presentation on Tuesday and a short test about European History on Thursday (which demands knowledge from five chapters of the textbook, and that roughly translates to 200 pages of details). Now excuse me for a moment while I weep...
I feel overwhelmed.
But then again, this is nothing new to me. This grind is something that I am almost bored of. I want to scoff at it all. These deadlines. The same feelings of dread and stress and cluelessness and maybe even moments of despair. That probably explains why I am so incredibly laid back even at this point in time. I probably have little more than 4 to 5 solid hours to really complete my thesis proposal. Yet I just can't find (even) more motivation to get it all together for this paper. I have trawled through what seems like a million journal articles and then I am at the stage whereby I am seriously doubting the feasibility of my thesis. Is this normal? Yes it is probably normal. I am not alone. I am fine.
I will be fine.
On a brighter note, I completed my EU1101E Simulation today. It was a simulation of the Congress of Paris in 1856, following the end of the Crimean War. We were the Ottoman Empire (woohoo!) and I couldn't have asked for better teammates. We coordinated really well, presented a united front and were pretty successful in "changing history".
It turned out to be more fun, and therefore less scary than I expected! Hooray! EU110E is a truly rewarding module and I only wish that I had taken it before I left for SEP.
The other deadlines beckon. I'll end with a gooooodie for your auditory satisfaction.
Currently on the playlist (also, endlessly looping)
Might as well use my time productively.
I currently have two essay deadlines - a thesis proposal due tomorrow and a 20-page essay on Sustainable Development due on Monday. Then there is a presentation on Tuesday and a short test about European History on Thursday (which demands knowledge from five chapters of the textbook, and that roughly translates to 200 pages of details). Now excuse me for a moment while I weep...
I feel overwhelmed.
But then again, this is nothing new to me. This grind is something that I am almost bored of. I want to scoff at it all. These deadlines. The same feelings of dread and stress and cluelessness and maybe even moments of despair. That probably explains why I am so incredibly laid back even at this point in time. I probably have little more than 4 to 5 solid hours to really complete my thesis proposal. Yet I just can't find (even) more motivation to get it all together for this paper. I have trawled through what seems like a million journal articles and then I am at the stage whereby I am seriously doubting the feasibility of my thesis. Is this normal? Yes it is probably normal. I am not alone. I am fine.
I will be fine.
On a brighter note, I completed my EU1101E Simulation today. It was a simulation of the Congress of Paris in 1856, following the end of the Crimean War. We were the Ottoman Empire (woohoo!) and I couldn't have asked for better teammates. We coordinated really well, presented a united front and were pretty successful in "changing history".
It turned out to be more fun, and therefore less scary than I expected! Hooray! EU110E is a truly rewarding module and I only wish that I had taken it before I left for SEP.
The other deadlines beckon. I'll end with a gooooodie for your auditory satisfaction.
Currently on the playlist (also, endlessly looping)
It makes me smile to myself. I can't even.
Love,
Cher :)


0 comments:
Post a Comment