Food | Yummy Finds

So I have been indulging in a lot of good food lately...
Here's a round-up of some of the yummy finds:



Fu Lin Tofu Yuen 

721 East Coast Road, 495070
Operating Hours: 0830 - 2030

Stumbled upon this place in the East Side (seriously, I still stand by the belief that the concentration of good food is in the East of Singapore :p) and decided to try it because I was getting sick of Western food options.
Who can resist Yong Tau Foo anyway? Cheap and tasty - its an ever-winning combination in my books.

My eating buddy tends to be reckless when it comes to ordering food, whereas I try to err on the side of caution but this time, I couldn't resist as well!

We picked about 16-18 pieces in total. I can't quite recall, but the bill came up to a very reasonable $14++ for two, including drinks.

Was chewing my food and commenting that the gravy was sorcery (uh, pun?) and that I wanted to introduce this place to everybody that I know. Hahaha, happy as a lark.







The Rotisserie

Been dying to try this place out. Managed to pop by the branch at Rochester Mall after school one day and it was rather empty at 1800. Yay for an early dinner.

I was starving by then because I didn't manage to have lunch. So everything tasted fantastic (and prolly left an even better impression on me as I was so hungry), as reviews online mostly promised. The only gripe would be that the chicken was a tad too cold. Could have been so much tastier! Till next time.  (:





Stir-Fried Udon
Yesterday was one of the best Fridays ever, it was such a lovely day at home with amazing company and home-cooked food. I can't explain how happy I am but thinking about it just makes me smile. (:

I was starving late afternoon so we whipped this dish up. Well, I watched and learnt mostly but hey.

The sauce was so simple but SO GOOD. Sesame oil, sugar, soy sauce, sweet sauce, oyster sauce, water and something else….. Ok I will memorize the recipe.
My sister loved this dish and I can definitely foresee myself cooking this pretty often.

On top of all that I also had Awfully Chocolate's Hazelnut Crumble, Chocolate Tart and their signature Hei ice cream this week. I am not much of an ice cream fan but I bought it on a whim anyway. We ended up finishing the large scoop in the car on the way back. Oh chocolatey joy! (: THAT'S EAT FOR NOW. Cheers to the weekend - will be furiously battling my last few assignment deadlines! Love, Cher

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Cheryl

A visual diary of memories