家常便饭
home-cooked fare
I don't know about you, but I love home-cooked food. I miss having piping hot food on the table everyday after school - it is just one of those simple things that we carelessly take for granted and under-appreciate. Especially when we were young. Thankfully though, I always did make the conscious effort to praise my mum for her cooking. I vividly remember being so happy about the steamed-egg + pork and ABC soup that she made one day after school (I was in secondary school by then - a lot more sensible too, thank goodness) that I starting praising her with such unparallelled fervor. I also recall sighing happily - after eagerly tucking in. Too famished. :p
I also have such fond memories of my grandma passing $5 to my mum every week. Without fail. The $5 was specifically used to buy....fish! Every week. Steamed or fried, I can
Hmm. Maybe that's why I had such stellar grades in primary school. The consumption of "brain foods" during my kindergarten days probably gave me a headstart. Probably. :D
I've probably digressed a little. Moving out of memory lane, here's the highlight of this post:
1. Stewed Meat and Oyster Sauce Vegetables
home-cooked fare
I don't know about you, but I love home-cooked food. I miss having piping hot food on the table everyday after school - it is just one of those simple things that we carelessly take for granted and under-appreciate. Especially when we were young. Thankfully though, I always did make the conscious effort to praise my mum for her cooking. I vividly remember being so happy about the steamed-egg + pork and ABC soup that she made one day after school (I was in secondary school by then - a lot more sensible too, thank goodness) that I starting praising her with such unparallelled fervor. I also recall sighing happily - after eagerly tucking in. Too famished. :p
I also have such fond memories of my grandma passing $5 to my mum every week. Without fail. The $5 was specifically used to buy....fish! Every week. Steamed or fried, I can
Hmm. Maybe that's why I had such stellar grades in primary school. The consumption of "brain foods" during my kindergarten days probably gave me a headstart. Probably. :D
I've probably digressed a little. Moving out of memory lane, here's the highlight of this post:
1. Stewed Meat and Oyster Sauce Vegetables
On Wednesday I was so frustrated with school work, and it just so happened that I found my old netball (since 2005!) in the overflowing storage room. Let's just say that I was completely overtaken by this fire to slam some passes and to just go out and do some sports (because sadly, I had to sacrifice yoga time just to meet all the insane deadlines).
So we headed out for a warm-up run under the baking sun before retreating to the shade where I finally got to play netball. Its my first and most loved sport ever ever ever :) Nothing beats being on court. Ah, memories.
Alright, before I sound like an old granny (reminiscing and all), let's get back to the food.
The photo is of two simple dishes cooked for the entire family while I was busy studying for my test the very next day.
So yummy I almost cried. + the meat was cooked using my mum's favourite and super trusty claypot - that really brought back so many memories.
And throughout the entire day, because we were such pigs, we blended a ton of stuff, including an amazing Choc Banana smoothie, and something that involved blueberries and strawberries. I was positively in love with the pretty pastel purple and pink shades. Hah!
That sums up my Wednesday - a clear example of how perfectly happy days are often the most simple ones spent at home. :')
2. Most kickass Japanese Food ever in the most remote location ever
....so rewarding to just get there.
THE FOOD. Was so good.
The Agedashi Tofu was $6, but the serving was so generous! Huuuuuuge pieces of tasty, tasty tofu.
Usually in restaurants we pay about $4-5 for a small serving (say, 3 tiny pieces that's the size of my front teeth???)....it's sad.
Oh joy:


That's all for now. Blogger's formatting is pissing me off soooo much. Sigh. ): I need a miracle html/formatting tool.
Have a lovely weekend ahead!
Love,
Cher



0 comments:
Post a Comment