So today I..... tore my ligament.
And dislodged some tiny bit of bone. In my right ankle. Kinda like how my boyfriend broke his ankle in Croatia, but slightly less dramatic.
I have always been a really careful person but I guess my tradition of an annual ankle injury is ironically blessed with longevity, and 2013's injury has come today - highly overdue.
Was running to the gym because I was, well, running late. Tripped over this bump on the road a.k.a. scheiße Unebenheit auf der Straße. Twisted my ankle in the same way that I fractured it during a match some those years ago except that I stepped on a friend's foot instead of a treacherous road bump hahahaah Basically was alone in the car park and in shock.
The first thing I did was to call my boyfriend. I know it seems really irrational, but I was totally in shock, it was 7.45AM and somehow I knew it wasn't serious enough for the ambulance so I Viber called him. Miraculously the 3G connection didn't fail on me this time (it is usually too slow to load ANYTHING). Hung up and had the sense to shout for help and this nice lady came to save me. Acute sense of hearing there. I was stranded in the middle of the carpark and some distance away from the main road.
She ringed her friend, who lived just around the corner and he sped over with his car. Such lovely people. I really owe it to them, otherwise goodness knows how long I will be stranded at that carpark.
So I am still very thankful, because of all these complete strangers who stopped to help. After the doc's visit, I was pretty unsure so I just stood by the road with my crutches, when all the bikes + cars on BOTH LANES drew to a stop for me. I was like O.O !!!! OKOK I'D BETTER CROSS. Randomly hobbled across and this lady just immediately stopped and offered me a ride. She then insisted on driving me all the way back to Vauban even though she lives in Littenweiler. She was completely nonplussed when I explained how my little accident happened, and I didn't want to dwell on it further anyway so I changed the topic and then somehow Singapore came up. She then told me that she spent 10 days there in 1997 and was completely amazed by Little India. Totally random but hey #sgpride!!
I digressed.
Basically alot of plans are binned/put on hold right now and I am pretty much forced to stay at home. Using crutches ain't any fun, and it is really really challenging to complete even the simplest of tasks. I have been improvising and experimenting with many ways to get around my tasks. Cooking is tough because it is so insanely difficult to maneuver with one crutch, but with two I can't hold anything so.. I have been hugely dependent on balancing on my left foot (pleaseee don't give way on me) and hopping around. For dinner I cooked pasta and I dragged this chair to the middle of the kitchen and pivoted/hopped around it. It was pretty solid support and well, I managed to cook the pasta anyway. It should last me till lunch and maybe even dinner tomorrow.
Still determined to be very optimistic about everything because I joked that I will be fine before Christmas and the doctor actually agreed that it will be ok by then. SO THERE IS ALWAYS HOPE.
I think of life as a whole system of tradeoffs sometimes. Like what if I promise to do 100 exams in exchange for perfect health. But then the equation doesn't make sense anyway and I will probably die in the midst of the papers haha. Jokes aside, crux is that nobody has it better or worse. Everyone has his own life to live - and to make the best out of whatever situation.
From this point on I am recovering. From this moment, things will get better. Quite an adventure, but hey life is a good run with spice.
I can cry when it gets unbearable. But I will always be a fighter.



0 comments:
Post a Comment