Sonnige Freiburg: Arboretum, Joggen und Weihnachtsmarkt

Last night, for some reason(s), I let my guard down and gave Sadness an opportunity to overwhelm me. When I start thinking too much, it tends to take on a snowball effect and sometimes I really let things get to me. Then I tend to err towards negativity.

Whatever it is, that was ultimately a only temporary dent in my wonderful time here. Today, Mr Sunshine dropped by in town and I gladly embraced him of course. Perfect, perfect weather.
Went to the Arboretum Freiburg-Günterstal, which basically means NATURE WONDERLAND. We couldn't really find the place because it has virtually no signs (we later found a very inconspicuous, faded-looking one) so be prepared to trek a bit if you ever go looking for this place.

We stumbled upon the area anyways, after a somewhat treacherous climb up a random slope. I was so so so so thankful that I made the rational decision to wear the trusty Timberlands instead of my black boots. Beat up Timbs - good. Beat up black boots - nope.

In any case, it was a whole load of fun. Made two new friends. One of them has a Nikon like me and we both realized that we brilliantly FORGOT our memory cards. EUREKAAAAAA...not. iPhone cameras sufficed. It was fun any way.

We had lunch together and ran some errands in Bertholdsbrunnen before parting ways.

I went home for a highly overdue jog with my new shoes. I have finally replaced my running shoes after losing my beloved Mizunos in Croatia. That was in August. Fitness has definitely taken a backseat for too long and I decided that it is now or never - I have to replace my running shoes.

Best decision ever.

This view,


This is the border of Merzhausen, not too far away from Vauban. Whatever that was left of my breath was taken away by this view.

Blessed.

Freiburg is a really beautiful city, just as the whole of Schwarzwald is so alluring. I wish with my whole heart that I will be able to fully appreciate and experience the beauty of this region before I have to go back to Singapore.
I will never have this time here again, the right here and now. And it's something that I am terribly afraid of losing. I am afraid of the reduction of everything to just mere memories. What's left is just like a dusty chapter of halcyon happiness faded away.

Till next time,
Cheryl

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Cheryl

A visual diary of memories