London Day 1: Out and About

Monopoly makes perfect sense to me now. All those place names: Bond Street, Regent Street, Oxford Street. Marylebone (Not Mary-LE-bone, hahahahaha) Station, Leicester Square and the list goes on.

London is truly, all that I have dreamed of and more.

I walked from Marble Arch to Leicester Square - 40 minutes of unadulterated awe and joy. I am pretty sure that a couple of times I let out a couple of rather audible gasps, to the amusement of random passers-by. I am also glad to confirm that Londoners are actually a really cool bunch of people who are mostly really friendly. CHEERS!!!!!! *flings confetti all around and jumps for joy*

It is indescribable. I feel like I am marring the experience by trying to translate my feelings into words. Each time I try to explain it, I am halted in my tracks - mouth left hanging open like how it was as I was walking down the streets. Its like trying to bake a fabulous chocolate cake with Play-Doh. So, nope. Shall just let the photos represent the fabulous-ness of it all. (Disclaimer: Still 1000000% more awesome in real life)

Here:
Adorable soft toys pictured top right were discovered in Hamleys.
Hamleys is like, only the best toy store ever. 
Died for about 20 minutes inside there.
Maybe I should find a couple of kids and plan a soft toy heist together.
I mean, AREN'T THESE TOYS THE CUTEST THINGS EVER? Excuse me while I spaz out for a few more moments.

Bottom right photo: the original scene reminded me of the Golden Ratio. Such perfection.

One can easily spend a day in this area - London is so walkable. Retail therapy at Oxford Circus and then good food at Soho or a play at West End.
So. Perfect.

Till next time,
Cher

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
 

Cheryl

A visual diary of memories